(See our “Articles of Faith” (Doctrinal Statement) in PDF format which is a complete treatment of our beliefs at BFC Denomination)
The Bible Fellowship Church’s heritage is a wonderful journey from the revivals of the turn of the century, to this day, with a denomination of over 60 churches in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding states. There are about 10,000 members belonging to our churches.
Our denomination began during a spiritual awakening among the Mennonites of Pennsylvania in the late 1880’s. As a result of that, a new church formed out of the main Mennonite body. The church was called the “Mennonite Brethren in Christ.” This name was changed to the “Bible Fellowship Church” in the late 1950’s. Many of the old Mennonite doctrines were replaced with more theologically reformed statements. Following this, there was a general feeling that we were no longer Mennonite, and needed a new name to reflect our doctrinal statement.
The history of this local church began in the late 1950’s with a handful of people who were members of our Newark church. This group of people moved into this area and the denomination asked them to be the founding members of a new church. For the past 50 years the Bible Fellowship Church of Denville has been a lighthouse to our community, faithfully teaching the Word of God.